Job Title: Part-time Psychological Assistant with Supervision
Employee classification: Part-Time, non-exempt, hourly
Rate of Pay: $25 based on experience
Location: Petaluma, CA
Under the supervision of a licensed Psychologist, Psychological Assistant (PA) will provide mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment for children and adult clients who present themselves for psychiatric evaluation with a broad range of mental health needs. If desired, PA may maintain a small caseload of clients for therapy sessions.
The PA’s job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administering and scoring standardized assessments and questionnaires
- Interviewing clients and family members and providing comprehensive intake summaries
- Compiling and entering scores into reports
- Maintaining ethical and legal obligations, including safety and mandated reporting
- Collaborating with other mental health and treatment providers
- Maintaining organizational skills including scheduling own appointments and completing billing and documentation requirements
- Doctorate degree in related field and preferably a minimum of two years’ experience with ASD or developmental disabilities and/or diagnostic and testing experience
- Valid registration as a psychological assistant in the state of CA
- Demonstrate good judgment, decision-making, and communication skills.
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Must relate well to children and their families.
- Employment is subject to required clearances which include tuberculosis test, Live Scan fingerprints, and clean driving record.
- Must have 3 days of a availability per week with a minimum of 15/hours a week availability.
- Employees are expected to complete the orientation class, exam, and shadowing within the first month of employment
- Must be willing to travel at most 1 time per month to other office locations (all expenses paid)
Employee will be eligible for 401k employer matching at 6-month of employment.
Contingency: This job offer is contingent upon the following:
- Live Scan Clearance
- TB Clearance
- Reference checks