Job Title: Part-time Developmental Technician (Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, Associate Professional Clinical Counselor with supervision)
Employee Classification: Part-Time, non-exempt, hourly
Rate of Pay: $19 to $22 based on experience
Location: San Diego, CA
We are looking for a candidate that takes initiative, provides input to programming and enjoys challenges. This position is yours to create. Located at one location there is no driving or very minimal driving to client’s homes.
MFT/PCC Associates will provide services in-home, clinical and community settings to autism spectrum disorder clients serviced through insurance companies. MFT/PCC Associates will provide services to clients via insurance, private pay and other contracts as arranged by employer for mental health psychotherapy. In order to be eligible for the autism related clients, therapist will complete 40- hour paid online training to become a Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT).
- This position will provide quality, family-centered, culturally competent treatment for children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
- Developmental Therapist (DT) will provide services to children in home, the community and/or other natural settings,
- DT’s will provide 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 behavior intervention services to children, and parent education, according to goals described in the treatment plan.
- DT’s will ensure effective communication between all support team members
- Complete necessary program and participant-related documents and reports and attend meetings and training as requested.
- Developmental therapists will be directly supervised by a BCBA or licensed mental health clinician.
- Ability to travel locally with reliable transportation, maintains driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety Standards, and must have and maintain proper auto insurance and vehicle registration.
- 40-hour Orientation training in accordance with BCBA® guidelines
- Read and refer to Clinical Staff Orientation Handbook
- New employees are required to pass an orientation exam demonstrating knowledge of autism, data collection, intervention strategies etc.
- Master's degree in related field and preferably a minimum of two years’ experience with ASD or developmental disabilities.
- Valid registration number with the BBS (AMFT/APCC)
- Demonstrate good judgment, decision-making, and communication skills.
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Must relate well to children and their families.
- Must have reliable transportation, relevant automobile insurance, a clean driving record, valid CA driver’s license and willing to drive vehicle for job related tasks.
- Employment is subject to required clearances which include tuberculosis test, Live Scan fingerprints, and clean driving record.
- Must have 3 weekday afternoons /early evenings and 2 Saturdays a month available with a minimum of 15/hours a week availability.
- Employees are expected to complete the orientation class, exam, and shadowing within the first month of employment
Employee will be eligible for 401k employer matching at 6-month of employment.
Contingency: This job offer is contingent upon the following:
- Live Scan Clearance
- TB Clearance
- Reference checks