Job Title: Part time Developmental Therapist (direct care staff)
Employee classification: Part-Time, non-exempt, hourly
Rate of Pay: $17.00-21.00 based on experience
Location: Petaluma, CA
- This position will provide quality, family-centered, culturally competent treatment for children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
- Developmental Therapist (DT) will provide services to children in home, the community and/or other natural settings,
- DT’s will provide 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 behavior intervention services to children, and parent education, according to goals described in the treatment plan.
- DT’s will ensure effective communication between all support team members
- Complete necessary program and participant-related documents and reports and attend meetings and training as requested.
- Developmental therapists will be directly supervised by a BCBA or licensed mental health clinician.
- Ability to travel locally with reliable transportation, maintains driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety Standards, and must have and maintain proper auto insurance and vehicle registration.
- 40-hour Orientation training in accordance with BCBA® guidelines
- Read and refer to Clinical Staff Orientation Handbook
- New employees are required to pass an orientation exam demonstrating knowledge of autism, data collection, intervention strategies etc.
- Employees are expected to complete the orientation class, exam, and shadowing within the first month of employment
- Demonstrate good judgment, decision-making, and communication skills.
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Must relate well to children and their families.
- Must have reliable transportation, relevant automobile insurance, a clean driving record, valid CA driver’s license and willing to drive vehicle for job related tasks.
- Employment is subject to required clearances which include tuberculosis test, Live Scan fingerprints, and clean driving record.